Friday, April 1, 2011

Dirty Hairdo Friday

There are other blogs that do Frugal Friday or Fun Friday, but not me. I don't even have time to wash my hair on a Friday! I mean, if you're going out Saturday it's going to be washed then. That makes it clean for church on Sunday too! Even beauty needs to be planned, as you well know. And by "you" I mean "most of you".


It's Friday, my hair is 2 days dirty and this is how I wore it for day 3, today, Friday, April 1.

I'd been wearing it curly for two days, but the waves had gone frizzy on me overnight. Well..over two nights actually. I had about two minutes to make this hair-do happen. So here's what I did. I straightened the bangs which get washed the night before as part of my face washing routine. I keep shampoo by the sink just for that. I added some product called Surf to the bottom skaggy, frizzy part. It's supposed to make your hair look as if it got wavy and clumped up from the salt water and breeze happening beachside. I did not even have time to spray some powder shampoo in there so you can just see the white hair beginning to show at the roots of my part. Like spring, they sprout forth and reveal rebirth of my old age, then I kill them with dye. There were all these fly away hairs on the section I'd pulled back so I grabbed this stuff that Jim, my hair guy, gave me a few years ago. It's like putty. He told me when he gave it to me that if you put on too much it would make you cry to Momma. I figured a wee bit of that could hold down a few fly aways. I'm growing the bangs out which is why they look long and crazy. I was running late to work, but still took time to take this important picture. Like those other fashion bloggers (wearing dirty hair is a fashion, right?) I knew you'd be disappointed if you didn't know how I had managed to make my unclean hair presentable with my tshirt and flip flops I wore to work today.


Fascinating writing, isn't it? How many days dirty will it be next Friday? What will it's style be next Friday? A pony tail, a bun? Or will she have the guts to wear it down?? I'll be at a church camp from Thursday night through Sunday, so it could be interesting. Don't you think for a minute I'll forget about YOU and your needs though.

1 comment:

Jill said...

And, you pull it off well!